Additional Resource Suggestions
Activities you can do with your child at home to help develop their skills.
Other Useful Links
Department of Education Resources
• Learning At Home – Search by year level
Free Trials for Computer Access
• ABC Education – Choose a year level, curriculum area and topic – All free
• TWINKL – have a free starter subscription
• HelloKids – Free drawing tutorials for students with step by step instructions
• Oxford OWL (Oxford University Press) – Free
• Storyline Online – A collection of quality books read aloud to students
• ReadWorks – for Upper Primary
• Mims Audiobook – Free during COVID-19. You can select audio or ebooks for free.
• Writing Legends (Oxford University Press) – Free until 31st July
• BTN – Under Teachers there are Resources with a complete package including discussion questions, transcripts and activities. These are downloadable in Word or as a PDF.
• The SQUIZ Kids – A news podcast for 8-12yos. In just a few minutes, we give kids (and their adults) a rundown on the big news events delivered free of opinion, and with positivity and humour. Designed to slip easily into families’ morning routines, a new episode will drop at 7am each weekday.
• ABC Reading Eggs – 2 weeks free access
• Star Fall – Free resources for use at home
• https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/ – An interactive way to explore The Museum of the World chronologically for Upper Primary
Science and Technology
Free iPad Applications
• Teach My Monster To Read
• 20 Screen-Free Activities – https://www.bit.ly/2Wmc57D
• 100 Activities To Do At Home – https://www.bit.ly/2Wsyiki
• Download the Free Online Educational Activities PDF