Security – Online and Offline
The Department of Education has its own security measures that can help keep your child safe while in its network at school. You may also have your own security software at home.
Here is a short clip that can help to add another layer of security/control over your child’s device:
If you wish to seek further information, follow Surf Online Safe on Facebook by clicking here.
There are many different ways that parents can block or filter internet access on devices. Listed below are some of the free and paid options that are available.
- K9 Web Protection is a free internet filter and parental control software for your computer. K9 puts you in control of the internet so you can protect your kids. For more information please click here.
- Open DNS provides a free pre-configured Domain Name Server (DNS) which can be used to block and filter your internet at home. A step-by-step guide on how to configure this can be found here.
- Family Zone delivers safe content, restricts social media and manage screen time routines. For more information please click here.
- Net Nanny is an internet filter which monitors social media, masks profanity, controls web based time allocation and blocks explicit images and videos. For more information please click here.
- Norton Family offers a range of parental control and monitoring features, through showing parents what their child is doing online. For more information please click here.
For more information please email email@example.com